Varicose veins develop due to excessive physical activity, high blood clotting, hereditary predisposition to this disease. Pathology occurs in both men and women, for a long time it can progress in a latent form. In the absence of timely treatment, the disease takes a burdened stage, and then it is more difficult to eliminate it through the use of only one treatment method - an integrated approach is required. Today, the following options are recognized as the best methods of treating varicose veins:
- Wearing compression stockings. Stockings and special stockings made for people suffering from varicose veins allow you to move more comfortably - without burning, feeling of heaviness, tension and stiffness in the limbs.
- Anti-inflammatory baths. Foot baths performed with concentrates prepared from medicinal plants help to improve blood circulation in the limbs, reduce blood viscosity, and reduce pain.
- The use of medicinal decoctions and infusions. To get rid of varicose veins, take drinks made from medicinal chamomile, St. Johns wort, calendula and other beneficial plants. The effect is to improve blood circulation in the legs, increase the elasticity of veins, strengthen their walls, and prevent rupture of damaged structures.
- External application of creams, ointments, balms, medicinal applications and compresses. Such drugs are rubbed directly into the problem area, so the symptoms of varicose veins are eliminated quickly enough. The effect is a decrease in blood viscosity, relief of pain, an increase in the elasticity of blood vessels. Treatment with such drugs lasts from 1 month.
- Surgical approach. Surgical intervention is indicated only in the most severe cases of varicose veins, when conservative therapy has not provided a positive result. The duration of postoperative recovery depends on many factors, on average it is 1 month.